• The results of the survey carried out by the Sociological Group Rating on October 9-14 among the residents of Odesa revealed that the situation in the city is assessed relatively better as compared to the overall situation in the country. Thus, 75% believe the state of things in the country is heading in the wrong direction, only 12% think the opposite. Regarding the city, 28% believe the things are heading in the right direction, 57% - in the wrong.
• 21% are satisfied with the performance of President V.Zelenskyy, 67% are dissatisfied. More than half of the respondents (53%) are satisfied with the activities of the mayor of Odesa H.Trukhanov, 33% are dissatisfied. Almost 60% of respondents do not mind H.Trukhanov becoming mayor again, 37% believe that the city needs a new mayor.
• 61% said they would definitely vote in the local elections, 18% doubt about participation, 5% were likely to vote, and 15% - unlikely to vote. Voters’ mobilization is relatively higher among the older population.
• The party "Doviryay dilam" leads in the rating (elections to the Odesa City Council) - 36.2% of those who intend to vote and have decided are ready to support this force. Further - "Opposition Platform – Za Zhyttia" (19.4%), "Sluha Narodu" (12.3%), "European Solidarity" (7.2%), Ukrainian Maritime Party of S.Kivalov (6.3%), “Shariy Party” (5.9%). The rating of other parties is less than 3%. Undecided - 14%.
• When electing a political force to the city council, 25% are more likely to support a well-known national party, while 61% are more likely to support a local party, even if it runs only in the city or oblast.
• Among the mayoral candidates, the leader is Hennadiy Trukhanov: 50.1% of those who intend to vote and have decided are ready to support him. 10.6% are ready to support Mykola Skoryk, 8.8% - Oleh Filimonov, 7.9% - Serhiy Kivalov, 5.9% - Petro Obukhov, 4.4% - Eduard Hurvits, 3.2% - Yevhen Chervonenko. Ratings of other candidates are less than 2%. About 14% of respondents have not decided on the choice.
• Simulation of the second round of mayoral elections revealed that in case H.Trukhanov and other potential candidates ran for office, the currentmayor would win. Within a pair with E.Hurwitz with the result 68% against 14%, with S.Kivalov - 62% against 16%, with P.Obukhov - 65% against 12%, with M.Skoryk - 59% against 18%, with O.Filimonov - 64% against 17%.
Audience: residents of Odesa aged 18 and older. The sample is representative in terms of age and gender. Total sample: 1200 respondents. Personal formalized interview (face-to-face). The margin of error does not exceed 2.8%. Period of the survey: 9-14 October, 2020