• Results of the survey carried out by the Sociological Group Rating on July 8-20, 2020 among the residents of Chernihiv oblast revealed that the state of local things is assessed better as compared to the overall situation in the region or country. Thus, only 16% believe the country is heading in the right direction, 65% share the opposing opinion. 30% think the oblast is heading in the right direction, 46% - in the wrong direction. On the other hand, 44% of the oblast residents believe the things are heading in the right direction in their places of residence, 43% share the opposing opinion. Younger respondents and those with higher income are more likely to give an optimistic assessment at all levels.
• The military conflict in the East of the country (57%) and lack of job, unemployment (44%) top the ranking of the national importance problems among respondents. Nevertheless, respondents at the national level are also concerned about low salaries and pensions (31%), inability to receive quality healthcare (25%), coronavirus epidemic (22%), bribery and corruption within government bodies (18%). At the personal level, respondents consider low level of salaries and pensions to be the biggest problem (41%). The war in the East is of personal concern for 35%, unemployment – for 31%, growth of tariffs - 19%, coronavirus epidemic - 15%, bribery and corruption within government bodies - 15%, growth of prices for basic goods - 13%.
• Among the regional problems, oblast residents are most concerned about problems with employment (50%) and poor quality healthcare (44%). Poverty is of concern for 33%, industrial decline - 31%, villages’ extinction - 28%, agricultural decline - 25%, poor roads - 24%, land theft - 22%, drug addiction, alcoholism - 20%.
• Two-thirds of respondents are satisfied with the performance of city and village local mayors, one-third are dissatisfied. More than 60% could not evaluate the work of the heads of the Chernihiv Oblast State Administration and Chernihiv Oblast Council. 13-18% of respondents expressed satisfaction with their activities, 18-20% are dissatisfied.
• 32% of respondents are satisfied with the activities of President Zelensky, 49% - dissatisfied. 48% are dissatisfied with the activities of Prime Minister D.Shmygal, 10% are satisfied, 42% could not evaluate. 76% are dissatisfied with the performance of the Verkhovna Rada, only 8% are satisfied.
• Among local politicians, the best attitude was recorded towards the mayor of Chernihiv V.Atroshenko (48% - positive, 18% - neutral, 4% - negative, 30% - do not know him). 16% have a positive attitude towards V.Dubyl (17% are neutral, 10% are negative, 57% do not know him). 10% reveal a positive attitude towards V.Kulich (14% - neutral, 8% - negative, 68% do not know him). More than 70% of respondents do not know other politicians.
• The leader in the ranking of political forces (elections to the Oblast Council) is "Sluha Narodu" party - 21.0% of those who have decided and intend to vote are ready to support it. The party "Rydniy Dim" is supported by 18.7%, "Batkivshchyna" – by 16.5%, Radical Party - 12.9%, "European Solidarity" - 6.3%, "Opposition Platform – Za Zhyttia" – 6.2%, "Nash Krai" - 4.4%, "Syla i Chest" - 3.1%. The rating of other political forces is below 3%. About 20% of the polled have not decided on the matter.
• In the ranking of political forces (elections to the Chernihiv City Council), the leader is "Rydniy Dim" party - 46.6% of those who have decided and intend to vote are ready to support it. "Sluha Narodu" party is supported by 9.9%, “Opposition Platform – Za Zhyttia” – by 9.8%, “Batkivshchyna” - 8.2%, “European Solidarity” - 5.8%, “Radical Party” – 5.5%. The rating of other political forces is below 3%. About 17% have not decided.
• Among the candidates for mayor of Chernihiv, the undisputed leader is Vladyslav Atroshenko - supported by 88% of those who have decided and would take part in the elections. The rating of other candidates is much lower. Thus, V.Antoshyn would be supported by 2.0% of respondents, Y.Vlasenko - 1.9%, O.Semynskiy - 1.6%, A.Polyakov and O.Sokolov - 1.0% each. About 10% have not decided.
Audience: residents of Chernihiv oblast aged 18 and older. The sample is representative in terms of age and gender. Total sample: 1200 respondents. Personal formalized interview (face-to-face).
The margin of error does not exceed 2.8%. Period of the survey: 8-20 July, 2020.