• Results of the survey carried out by the Sociological Group Rating on July 23, 2020 among the residents of Ternopil, revealed that the state of local things is assessed much better as compared to the overall situation in the country. Thus, only 21% believe the country is heading in the right direction, 70% - in the wrong direction. Instead, 67% of the city residents think the city is heading in the right direction, only 25% share the opposing opinion. Compared to last year, assessments of the national situation have deteriorated, while in terms of the local situation they have improved.
• 78% positively assess the activities of the mayor of Ternopil S.Nadal, 20% - negatively. Almost 40% could not assess the performance of the Head of Ternopil Oblast State Administration V.Trush, the same number assess it negatively, 21% provide positive feedback.
• 33% are satisfied with the activities of President Zelensky, 65% are dissatisfied. 37% are satisfied with the performance of the Verkhovna Rada Head D.Razumkov, 50% are dissatisfied. 21% are satisfied with the work of Prime Minister D.Shmygal, 62% are dissatisfied, 17% could not assess.
• Among local politicians, citizens reveal the best attitude towards S.Nadal: 78% - positively, 19% - negatively. 40% have a positive attitude towards S.Barna, 41% - negative, 14% do not know him. 33% have a positive attitude towards M.Ratushnyak, 17% - negative, 44% do not know him. 29% are positive towards R.Zastavniy, 54% - negative, 13% do not know him. 20% reveal a positive attitude towards V.Hevko, 17% - negative, 59% do not know him. 19% are positive towards V.Ovcharuk, 15% - negative, 64% do not know him. 18% have a positive attitude towards V.Blikhar, 18% - negative, and 59% do not know him. More than 70% of respondents do not know other politicians.
• In the ranking of political forces (elections to Ternopil City Council) the leaders are "Svoboda" party (22.3% of those who have decided and intend to vote are ready to support it) and "European Solidarity" (20.7% of such respondents). “Sluha Narodu” party is supported by 13.9%, “Batkivshchyna” - by 7.3%, “Holos” - 7.0%, “Ukrainian Galician Party” - 5.2%, “Syla Lyudei” - 4.3%, “Civic Position” - 3.7%, and “Samopomich” - 3.3%. The rating of other political forces is below 3%. About 12% of the polled have not decided.
• Among the mayoral candidates, the leader in the ranking is Serhiy Nadal - 66.3% of those who have decided and intend to vote in the elections are ready to support him. The rating of other candidates is much lower. Thus, 6.5% could support V.Hevko, 5.9% - V.Ovcharuk, 4.5% - M.Ratushnyak, 4.4% - M.Cherkashyn, 3.4% - V.Blikhar, 3.1% - I.Turskiy, 1.1% - O.Stanko, 0.9% - A.Lyubetskyi. About 9% have not decided.
• Modeling of the second round of mayoral elections showed that if S.Nadal and other potential candidates ran for office, the current mayor would win. Within a pair with V.Hevko with the result 74% against 12%, with V.Blikhar - 75% against 12%, with V.Ovcharuk - 73% against 13%. About 15% of respondents have not yet decided on their choice or do not want to participate in the elections in case of these combinations of the mayoral elections’ second round.
Audience: residents of Ternopil aged 18 and older. The sample is representative in terms of age and gender.
Total sample: 800 respondents. The margin of error with 0,95 confidence level does not exceed 3.5%. Survey method: CATI (computer-assisted telephone interviews). Based on a random sample of mobile phone numbers. Period of the survey: 23 July, 2020.