• Results of the survey carried out by the Sociological Group Rating on July 15-20, 2020 revealed that 19% of respondents think Ukraine is heading in the right direction, 68% share the opposing opinion;
• Over 60% of the polled think the economic situation in Ukraine has worsened over the last six months; a quarter believes that it has not changed, and only 8% notice improvement. At the same time, the expectations for the future are more optimistic: 17% believe the economic situation in Ukraine will improve in the next 6 months, 35% believe it will hardly change, and 40% expect deterioration. However, in the long run, the percentage of those who expect improvement declines, along with that the feeling of hope (26%) among the population decreases somewhat; disappointment remains the emotion the polled feel the most (43%).
• In general, the majority of respondents see the possible economic crisis in the authorities’ incompetence, although a quarter believes the economic decline will occur due to the coronavirus.
• The rating of trust among the national politicians is headed by the current President V.Zelensky, who is trusted by 41%, and not trusted by 53%.
• 27% of respondents trust V.Hroysman, while 63% do not trust him. Y. Boyko is trusted by 23%, while 57% do not trust him; V.Klytschko - 22% and 67% respectively, D.Razumkov - 21% and 46% (23% - do not know him), Y.Tymoshenko - 20% and 74%, P.Poroshenko - 19% and 76%. Also 11% trust A.Portnov, while 41% do not know him and 42% do not trust him. Only 11% trust the current Prime Minister D.Shmygal, a quarter does not know him and more than half does not trust him.
• The presidential rating is also headed by V.Zelensky - 30.2% of those who intend to vote and have decided on the choice would support him if the elections took place in the nearest future. 14.4% would vote for Y.Boyko, 13.7% - for P.Poroshenko, and 9.1% - for Y.Tymoshenko. 5.8% would vote for I.Smeshko, 3.9% - O.Lyashko, 3.1% - V.Hroysman, 3.0% - A.Hrytsenko. The rating of other candidates is not more than 3%; 13% have not decided on the matter.
• 36% are satisfied with the activities of President V.Zelensky, and 56% are dissatisfied. 24% are satisfied with the performance of the Verkhovna Rada Head D.Razumkov, and 55% are dissatisfied. Only 12% approve of the performance of Prime Minister D.Shmygal, a quarter cannot assess his activities, and 62% disapprove. The activities of the Verkhovna Rada and the Government are approved even less: about 10% are satisfied with their activities, and almost 80% are dissatisfied.
• The leader in the parliamentary rating is "Sluha Narodu" party – almost 28% of those who intend to vote and have decided are ready to support this force. Almost 16% are ready to vote for "Opposition Platform"; "European Solidarity" - 14%, "Batkivshchyna" - about 10%. About 4% would support “Radical Party” and “Syla i Chest”, and about 3% would support “Shariy Party”, Svoboda, and “Ukrainian Strategy’ of Hroysman.
• Half of the polled are in favor of supporting the local party in the local elections in October, even if this party runs in only one oblast, while almost 30% intend to vote for a well-known national political force.
Audience: residents of Ukraine aged 18 and older in all oblasts, except for the temporarily occupied territories of Crimea and Donbas. The sample is representative in terms of age, gender, and settlement type.
Personal formalized interview (face-to-face). Total sample: 2000 respondents.
The margin of error with a 0.95 confidence level does not exceed 2.2%. Period of the survey: 15-20 July, 2020.