Sociological group "Rating" continues the project «National ТОP» which consists of a series of surveys to determine the best of the best. Feature of the method consists in the fact that the respondents did not receive any tips and lists, they express an opinion solely using open questions. This time the question was «What are your three favorite dishes, no matter which cuisine dish belongs to?».
According to the results the most favorite dish of Ukrainians is borsh (44%). It also includes favorite dishes like :
- varenyky (18%), in particular, with cheese, potatoes and cherries;
- shashlik (10%), kholodets’ (7%), cutlets (6%) и chops (5%) and also the other meat dishes (14%), from them more popular: sausage, meat in Frenchfried and stewed meat. In addition, about 7%% consider the favourite dish a pilau, 4% - roast. Only 4%% polled consider the favourite dish a lard.
- meat dumplings (10%);
- different dishes from a potato, in particular, puree (11%) и fried
- (8%); salads "Olivier" (11%) and «Shuba» (4%), and also the other salads (10%), including vegetable, vinaigrette, Greek, crab, meat and "Caesar";
- different fish dishes (10%), in particular, prefer the fish fried, stuffed and jellied, and also herring and marine products;
- among baking and desserts(9%) a preference gives oneself up to the cheese pancakes, piraguas and patties, ice-cream, cheese baked pudding and fruit.
- among pancakes(4%) most popular are with curd.
- among other first dishes(10%), except certainly borsch, people also love okroshka (2%%), solianka , green borsch, clear soup, kapustnyak, kharcho, pea-soup and pickle soup.
- among porridges(4%%) - buckwheat, milk, avenaceous and kulish.
Thus, the favourite dishes of Ukrainians are borsch, vareniks and dishes from meat. Thus, Ukrainians love dish from meat more than dishes from a potato and considerably more, than from fish.
The target audience of the research: the population of Ukraine aged from 18 and older. Optional quantity: 2000 respondents. The methods of investigation: personal formalized interview according to the questionnaire (face to face). Margin of error for the values close to 50% is less than 2.2%. The period of completion: 26 of Semtember – 6 of October 2013
The oblast’ distribution:
West: Volyns’ka, Transcarpathia, Ivano–Frankivs’ka, L’vivs’ka, Rivnens’ka, Ternopil’s’ka, Chernivets’ka.
Centre: Vinnyts’ka, Kirovograds’ka, Poltavs’ka, Khmel’nyts’ka, Cherkas’ka.
North: Kyiv, Kyivs’ka, Zhytomyrs’ka, Sums’ka, Chernihivs’ka.
South: AR Crimea, Odes’ka, Khersons’ka, Mykolaivs’ka, Sevastopol
East: Dnipropetrovs’ka, Zaporiz’ka, Kharkivs’ka.
Donbass: Donets’ka, Luhans’ka