• Results of the survey carried out by the Sociological Group Rating on June 1-14, 2020 among the residents of Kyrovohrad oblast revealed that the state of local things is assessed much better as compared to the overall situation in the region or country. Thus, only 22% believe the country is heading in the right direction, 59% share the opposing opinion. 25% think the oblast is heading in the right direction, 51% - in the wrong direction. On the other hand, 38% of the oblast residents believe the things are heading in the right direction in their places of residence, 48% share the opposing opinion. Over the last year and a half, assessments of the situation at all levels have improved somewhat.
• Among the local politicians, the best attitude was recorded towards S.Larin: 25% are positive, only 13% - negative, 25% - neutral, 37% - do not know him. 21% reveal a positive attitude towards A.Raykovych, 10% - negative, 15% - neutral, and 54% do not know him. 19% have a positive attitude towards S.Kuzmenko, 8% - negative, 19% - neutral, and 55% do not know him. 10% are positive towards O.Chornoivanenko, 6% - negative, 15% - neutral, and 69% do not know him. More than 70% of respondents do not know other politicians.
• 44% positively assess the activities of President Zelensky, 44% - negatively. Only 15% are satisfied with the performance of Prime Minister D.Shmygal, 48% are dissatisfied, and 37% could not answer on the matter. Only 13% are satisfied with the Verkhovna Rada, 73% are dissatisfied. The work of the Kyrovohrad Oblast State Administration and Oblast Council could not be assessed by more than one-third of the polled. 22-24% are satisfied with the activities of these institutions, dissatisfied - about 40%.
• Support for cultural events is an area which demonstrates relatively higher level of satisfaction of the polled (41% - satisfied, 47% - dissatisfied). Regarding other areas, respondents were more likely to give negative feedback. Thus, 59% are dissatisfied with the development of agriculture, 31% are satisfied. 52% are dissatisfied with school education, 29% are satisfied. About two-thirds of respondents are dissatisfied with the condition of roads, life safety, ecology, social protection, and youth support. More than 70% are dissatisfied with the industrial development, healthcare, and fight against corruption at the local level.
• Lack of job, unemployment (52%), and military conflict in the East of the country (50%) head the ranking of national level problems among the polled. A quarter of residents are concerned about low healthcare quality, low salaries and pensions, bribery and corruption within state bodies.
• The rating of personal problems is led by low level of salaries and pensions (35%) and unemployment (33%). About a quarter of respondents believe military conflict in the East and low healthcare quality are personal level problems, while growth of tariffs for communal utilities is of personal concern for every fifth person.
• The leader in the party rating (oblast council level) is “Sluha Narodu” party - 31.1% of those who have decided and intend to vote in the elections which are ready to support this force. 13.4% could vote for "Opposition Platform – Za Zhyttia", 12.2% - "Batkivshchyna", 7.0% - "European Solidarity", 5.8% - party led by S.Kuzmenko and A.Raykovych, 5.8% - Radical Party of Lyashko, 3.8% - "Ukrainian Strategy", 2.9% - Shariy Party, 2.1% - "Syla i Chest ". The rating of other political forces is less than 2%. About a quarter of the polled have not decided on the choice.
Audience: residents of Kyrovohrad oblast aged 18 and older. The sample is representative in terms of age, gender, and settlement type. Total sample: 2000 respondents. Personal formalized interview (face-to-face). The margin of error does not exceed 2.2%. Period of the survey: 1-14 June, 2020
You can see the presentation
online or download full version
to you computer