• Results of the survey carried out by the Sociological Group Rating on September 25-26, 2020 among the residents of Byla Tserkva United Local Community (ULC) revealed that the state of local things is assessed much better as compared to the overall situation in the region or country. Thus, only 12% believe the country is heading in the right direction, 74% share the opposing opinion. 17% think the oblast is heading in the right direction, 62% - in the wrong direction. On the other hand, 43% of the city residents believe the things are heading in the right direction in Byla Tserkva, while 47% share the opposing opinion.
• According to respondents, quality of healthcare services (50%) and job creation (44%) are the main priorities of the future head of the ULC. 37% believe that the head of the community should pay attention primarily to road repairs and safety in the city. 29% believe that the priority should be given to the fight against land theft, 26% - garbage collection and removal, 25% - drinking water quality, 14-16% - street lighting, increasing the number of schools and kindergartens, sidewalks repairs, water supply, and sewage .
• 25% are satisfied with the activities of President Zelensky, 61% are dissatisfied. Only 9% are satisfied with the performance of Prime Minister Shmygal, 63% are dissatisfied, and 28% were unable to assess it. 7% of respondents are satisfied with the activities of the parliament, and 82% are dissatisfied.
• 66% are satisfied with the performance of the mayor of Byla Tserkva H.Dykyi, 26% are dissatisfied. 67% do not mind the re-election of the current mayor. 27% spoke about the need to choose a new personality.
• 79% said they would definitely vote in the local elections, 7% were unsure (50/50), 3% - likely to vote, and 10% - unlikely to vote. Relatively higher level of pre-election mobilization was observed among the older population.
• Considering the rating (elections to the city council), "Za maybutnye" party leads with an indicator of 40.5% among those who intend to vote and have decided on the choice. Further is “Byla Tserkva Razom” party - 23.6%. 7.0% could vote for “Batkyvshchyna”, 6.8% - for “European Solidarity”, 5.6% - “Sluha Narodu”, and 3.7% - “Opposition Platform – Za Zhyttia”. The rating of other political forces is below 3%. About 10% have not decided on the matter.
• Among the mayoral candidates, the leader is Hennadiy Dykyi: 53.6% of those who intend to vote and have decided are ready to support him. 27.8% are ready to support Mykola Babenko. The rating of other candidates is below 4%. About 5% of respondents have not decided on their choice.
• Simulation of the second round of the mayoral elections revealed that in case H.Dykyi and other potential candidates ran for office, the current mayor would have won. Within a pair with M.Babenko with the result 60% against 31%, with D.Kyryshun - 68% against 9%.
Audience: residents of Byla Tserkva United Local Community aged 18 and older. The sample is representative in terms of age and gender. Total sample: 800 respondents. Personal formalized interview (face-to-face). The margin of error does not exceed 3.5%. Period of the survey: 25-26 September, 2020.
You can see the presentation
online or download full version
to you computer