• According to the survey carried out by the Sociological Group “Rating” on April 3-7, 2020, among the residents of Chernihiv, the vast majority of the polled (83%) perceive the spread of coronavirus in Ukraine as a real threat.
• 59% of respondents think the spread of coronavirus in Chernihiv is a real threat, 27% do not think so. 44% consider the coronavirus a real threat to themselves and their families, and 45% oppose this opinion.
• 59% indicated that they had a job prior to quarantine. Among them, 28% indicated that they continued to work as usual after restrictions were imposed. 16% work remotely, 13% are on the unpaid leave, and only 2% have lost their jobs.
• Despite quarantine, 20% of respondents said they left the house several times a day, 32% - once a day. At the same time, 42% said they only went out once every few days; 6% generally try not to go out. Women and elderly polled mentioned the high level of restrictions on leaving home more often.
• 53% indicated that they had enough protective masks, 40% had but not enough, 7% had none at all. Among those who have enough masks, 70% wear them often, 19% sometimes, 11% do not wear them at all. Among those who have not plenty of masks, 58% wear them often, 29% - sometimes, 14% - do not use them. Women, youngest and oldest respondents are more likely to use protective equipment.
• 91% support the requirement to wear a compulsory mask in public. 82% support the Government's decision to prolong the quarantine until April 24 (14% - against); 70% do not object to restrictions on visiting parks, forests, coastal zones during quarantine (26% - against).
• 58% of the polled consider measures taken by the authorities to combat coronavirus to be optimal. 21% say they are too soft. 12% are convinced that these measures are too severe.
• 47% of the respondents believe President Zelensky's reaction to the threat of the coronavirus spread in Ukraine is effective, 30% share opposing opinion. With regard to the efficiency of Prime Minister D.Shmihal's actions, 48% of the polled found it difficult to answer this question. 28% assessed them as efficient, 26% - inefficient. As for the Ministry of Internal Affairs, 35% consider the actions of this institution effective, 26% - ineffective, 38% - could not answer. With regard to the Ministry of Health, 33% found the department's actions efficient, 41% - inefficient, 26% failed to respond.
• The actions of Chernihiv Mayor V.Atroshenko regarding the response to the coronavirus threat are considered effective by 73% of respondents; only 10% share the opposing opinion.
• 73% of the polled said they did not know anything about the activities of a Deputy elected from their electoral district. 13% are satisfied with his performance, 10% are not satisfied.
• The leader of the electoral preferences in the elections to the city council is "Ridny dim" party of V.Atroshenko. It is supported by 40.3% of those who have decided and intend to participate in the elections. 19% of the polled would vote for “Sluha Narodu” party, 8.6% - for “Batkivshchyna” and “European Solidarity” parties, 7.8% - for “Opposition Platform – Za Zhyttia” party. The rating of other political forces is less than 4%. About 40% of the polled have not decided.
• Vladyslav Atroshenko is an unrivalled leader among the candidates for the mayoral post in Chernihiv. If the elections were held in the nearest future, more than 90% of those who have decided and intend to vote would support him. Other candidates' ratings are less than 2%. About 15% of respondents have not decided on the issue.
Audience: residents of Chernihiv aged 18 and older. The sample is representative in terms of age and gender. Total sample: 1000 respondents. Method of the survey: CATI (computer-assisted telephone interviews). Based on a random sampling of mobile phone numbers. The margin of error does not exceed 3.1%. Period of the survey: 3-7 April, 2020.
You can see the presentation
online or download full version
to you computer