• Results of the survey carried out by the Sociological Group Rating on July 4-12, 2020 among the residents of Kharkiv region revealed that the state of local things is assessed better as compared to the overall situation in the oblast and country. Thus, only 14% believe the country is heading in the right direction, 72% share the opposing opinion. 31% think the oblast is heading in the right direction, 45% share the opposing opinion. On the other hand, 51% of the oblast residents believe the things are heading in the right direction in their places of residence, 39% share the opposing opinion. Young respondents and those with higher income are more optimistic in their assessment at all levels.
• The military conflict in the East of the country (53%) heads the ranking of national importance issues among respondents. Despite this, at the national level respondents are also concerned about the lack of job, unemployment (39%), inability to receive quality healthcare (36%), low salaries and pensions (34%), bribery and corruption in the courts (31%). At the personal level, respondents consider low level of salaries and pensions (50%) to be the biggest problem. Low quality healthcare and growth of tariffs are personal problems for every third person. Unemployment, the war in the East, growth of tariffs, inflation are of concern for every fourth person, bribery and corruption within government bodies – for every fifth.
• Among local politicians, respondents reveal the best attitude towards H.Kernes (60% - positive, 26% - neutral, 13% - negative), Y.Svetlychna (44% - positive, 26% - neutral, 14% - negative) and O.Feldman (36% - positive, 37% - neutral, 15% - negative). 6% are positive towards O.Kucher (26% are neutral, 14% - negative, 54% do not know him). More than 75% of respondents do not know other politicians.
• 59% of the polled are dissatisfied with the activities of President Zelensky, 28% are satisfied. 61% are dissatisfied with the performance of Prime Minister D.Shmygal, 7% are satisfied, and 32% found it difficult to assess. 78% are dissatisfied with the activities of the Verkhovna Rada, only 8% are satisfied.
• The leaders in the ranking of political forces (elections to the Oblast Council) are Bloc of Kernes "Successful Kharkiv" - 30.1% of those who have decided and intend to vote are ready to support this force, and "Opposition Platform – Za Zhyttia" (22.9% of such respondents). “Sluha Narodu” party is supported by 12.7%, Bloc of Svetlychna “TOGETHER!” – by 11.5%, "European Solidarity" - 5.9%, “Shariy Party” - 4.7%, "Batkivshchyna" - 3.2%. The rating of other forces is below 3%. About 10% have not decided on the matter.
• Modeling of the elections of the Head of Oblast State Administration showed that 53.5% of those who would take part in such elections and have decided on their preferences would support Y.Svetlychna. 23.1% would vote for O.Feldman; O.Kucher - 5.7%, S.Chernov - 3.1%. Rating of others is less than 1%. About 18% of the polled have not decided on the matter.
Audience: residents of Kharkiv region aged 18 and older. The sample is representative in terms of age and gender. Total sample: 1600 respondents. Personal formalized interview (face-to-face). The margin of error does not exceed 2.4%. Period of the survey: 4-12 July, 2020.
You can see the presentation
online or download full version
to you computer