• Results of the survey carried out by the Sociological Group Rating on August 1-9, 2020 among the residents of Ivano-Frankivsk United Local Community, revealed that the state of local things is assessed better as compared to the overall situation in the country. Thus, only 14% believe the country is heading in the right direction, 67% - in the wrong direction. Instead, 73% of the community residents think their places of residence are heading in the right direction, 18% share the opposing opinion.
• The cost of utilities (35%), the poor condition of the roads (31%), drug and alcohol abuse (25%), traffic jams (25%) are local problems of most concern for the residents of the community. Chaotic multi-storey buildings are of concern for 21% of respondents; lack of work, homeless animals on the streets, low professional level of doctors, corruption within local government bodies, condition of buildings and adjacent areas - for 16-19%, garbage on the streets - for 14%.
• Residents of the community are dissatisfied with the activities of the central government. 64% of the polled are negative towards the work of President V.Zelensky, 23% are positive. 57% are dissatisfied with the activities of Prime Minister D.Shmygal, 15% are satisfied, 29% could not assess. 81% are dissatisfied with the performance of the Verkhovna Rada, only 8% are satisfied.
• 90% positively assess the activities of the mayor of Ivano-Frankivsk R.Martsynkyv, only 5% - negatively. 61% are satisfied with the activities of the City Council, 16% are dissatisfied, 24% could not assess.
• Among the main areas, the community is most satisfied with the work of public transport (71%). 47% are satisfied with communal enterprises, 41% are dissatisfied; 43% are satisfied with educational institutions, 23% are dissatisfied, and 33% were unable to assess. 38% are satisfied with the work of the police, 35% are dissatisfied, and 27% could not assess. 34% are satisfied with medical institutions, 48% are dissatisfied, 18% could not asses. Considering the dynamics since the end of 2019, assessments of the performance of the city council, public transport, educational and medical institutions have deteriorated.
• Respondents are more likely to distrust national-level politicians. Thus, P.Poroshenko has a relatively higher rating of trust (trust - 30%, distrust - 62%). 29% trust O.Tyahnybok, 59% do not trust him. 27% trust V.Zelensky, 64% do not trust him. 27% trust A.Hrytsenko, 47% do not trust him, 18% do not know him. 20% trust I.Smeshko, 36% do not trust him, 37% do not know him. 18% trust Y.Tymoshenko, 75% do not trust her. Only 6% trust Y.Boyko, 58% do not trust him, 30% do not know him.
• Among local politicians, respondents reveal the best attitude towards R.Martsynkyv (85% - positive, 11% - neutral, 4% - negative). 36% have a positive attitude towards O.Shevchenko (30% - neutral, 18% - negative, and 16% do not know him). 16% reveal a positive attitude towards P.Shkutyak (25% - neutral, 16% - negative, and 42% do not know him). 14% have a positive attitude towards Y.Solovey (23% - neutral, 14% - negative, and 50% do not know him). More than 70% of respondents do not know other politicians.
• In the ranking of political forces (elections to the Verkhovna Rada), the leaders are “Svoboda” party (23.6% of those who have decided and intend to vote are ready to support it) and “European Solidarity” (20.5% of such polled). “Sluha Narodu” party is supported by 14.5%, “Batkyvshchyna” party - by 9.8%, “Holos” - 8.5%, and “Syla i Chest” - 4.7%. The rating of other political forces is below 3%. About 18% have not decided.
• In the rating of political forces (elections to the city council), the leader is "Svoboda" - 51.4% of those who have decided and intend to vote are ready to support this force. “European Solidarity” is supported by 12.2%, “Sluha Narodu” - by 7.6%, “Batkyvshchyna” - - 7.1%, and “Holos” - 4.9%. The rating of other political forces is below 3%. 19-20% have not decided on the choice.
• Among the mayoral candidates, the leader in the ranking is Ruslan Martsynkyv - 88.0% of those who have decided and intend to vote in the elections are ready to support him. The rating of other candidates is much lower. Thus, 4.8% could support O.Shevchenko, 1.4% - P.Shkutyak, 1.1% - A.Korniyenko; the rating of others is below 1%. About 6% of have not decided on the matter.
• 84% of respondents said they did not mind R.Martsynkyv becoming mayor of Ivano-Frankivsk again. Only 13% believe that the city needs a new mayor.
• Simulation of the second round of mayoral elections revealed that in case R.Martsynkyv and other potential candidates ran for office, the current mayor would win. Within a pair with Y.Solovey with the result 91% against 2%, with I.Melnyk - 90% against 2%, with O.Shevchenko - 87% against 8%, with P. Shkutyak - 89% against 3%.
Audience: residents of Ivano-Frankivsk United Local Community aged 18 and older. The sample is representative in terms of age and gender. Total sample: 1000 respondents. Personal formalized interview (face-to-face). The margin of error does not exceed 3.1%. Period of the survey: 1-9 August, 2020.
You can see the presentation
online or download full version
to you computer