• Results of the survey carried out by the Sociological Group Rating on May 29 - June 2, 2020 among Odesa residents revealed that the state of local things is assessed much better as compared to the overall situation in the country. Thus, only 29% believe the country is heading in the right direction, 59% share the opposing opinion. 49% believe the things are heading in the right direction in the city, 41% share the opposing opinion.
• Odesa residents are more satisfied with the activities of local authorities as compared to the central authorities. 56% of the polled are satisfied with the performance of Mayor H.Trukhanov, 31% are dissatisfied. 44% said they were satisfied with the performance of President V.Zelensky, 48% - share the opposing opinion.
• Among the local politicians, the best attitude was recorded towards H.Trukhanov (60% - positive, 28% - negative, and 11% - could not assess). 36% are positive towards S.Kivalov, 41% - negative, 10% do not know him, 13% could not assess. 28% reveal a positive attitude towards M.Saakashvili, 51% - negative, 17% could not assess him, only 5% do not know him. 27% have a positive attitude towards M.Skoryk, 23% - negative, 38% do not know him, 12% hesitated to answer. 26% are positive towards S.Hrynevetsky, 17% - negative, 43% do not know him, and 14% could not assess. 25% reveal a positive attitude towards E.Hurwitz, 46% - negative, 16% do not know him, and 14% hesitated to answer. 21% have a positive attitude towards D.Spyvak, 13% - negative, 54% do not know him, 12% hesitated to answer. 17% have a positive attitude towards A.Kyvan, 32% - negative, 36% do not know him, 15% could not assess. 13% reveal a positive attitude towards A.Kisse, 24% - negative, 48% do not know him, and 14% hesitated to answer. More than 70% of respondents do not know other politicians.
• Among the mayoral candidates, the leader in the ranking is H.Trukhanov - 48.7% of those who have decided and intend to vote in the elections are ready to support him. 13.7% could support M.Saakashvili, 8.5% - S.Kivalov, 7.0% - O.Leonov, 5.3% - D.Spyvak, 5.1% - T.Plachkov, 4.1 % - E.Hurwitz. The rating of other candidates is less than 3%.
• Modeling of the second round of mayoral elections showed that if H.Trukhanov and any of the other potential candidates ran for office, the current mayor would win. Within a pair with O.Leonov the result would be 60% against 18%; with T.Plachkova - 61% against 14%; with M.Saakashvili - 59% against 22%; with D.Spyvak - 57% against 17%. At the same time, it should be taken into account that up to a quarter of respondents have not yet decided on their choice or do not intend to take part in the elections upon these combinations of the mayoral elections second round.
• 59% of respondents believe that the new City Council of Odesa should consist of experienced deputies, businessmen. At the same time, 23% are willing to see new faces to come to power. The demand for the latter is higher among younger and wealthier respondents.
• 52% of respondents are more likely to support a candidate who would propose to solve the current problems of the city; on the other hand, 33% are ready to vote for the one who will propose a strategy for Odesa development. The number of the latter is higher among those with higher income. 57% expect from the mayoral candidate to take care for the socially disadvantaged; on the other hand, 26% seek for business development promotion. The latter demand is higher among representatives of the 30-49 age group and respondents with average and high income.
• 56% of the polled said that, as a rule, they received information about events in the city from news websites; 44% - from television and social networks, 26% - from groups and channels in messengers; 20% - from relatives and acquaintances. Only 11% - from newspapers, 9% - from the radio. Internet resources and social networks are more often used by respondents of younger and middle age groups; television, newspapers, and radio – by seniors. At the same time, at least 40% of the latter read Internet sites, a quarter - use social networks.
Audience: residents of Odesa aged 18 and older. The sample is representative in terms of age and gender. Total sample: 1200 respondents. Survey method: CATI (computer-assisted telephone interviews). Based on a random sample of mobile phone numbers. The margin of error does not exceed 2.8%. Period of the survey: 29 May - 2 June, 2020.