• According to the survey carried out by the Sociological Group “Rating” on June 8-12, 2019, 35% of the respondents stated that Ukraine was heading in the right direction, 36% revealed an opposite opinion, and 30% have not decided on the issue. The dynamics of changes in the population moods continues to head in a positive direction. The residents of the South, the youngest respondents, as well as “Sluha Narodu”, “Syla y Chest”, and “Holos” voters demonstrate relatively more optimistic views on the state of things in the country. Instead, the supporters of the “European Solidarity” and “Opposition Platform – Za Zhyttya” are the most pessimistic on this issue.
• 77% expressed definite intention to vote in the early elections to the Verkhovna Rada on July 21, 2019. 12% indicated that they were rather likely to participate, 8% would not vote, and 3% have not decided.
• The leader of the electoral sympathies among the political forces is “Sluha Narodu” party – 47.1% of those who intend to vote and have decided on the choice are ready to support it. “Opposition Platform – Za Zhyttya” (11.1%), “Holos” (8.1%), Batkyvshchyna (7.3%), and “European Solidarity” (5.0%) also overcome the electoral barrier at the moment. 4.1% are ready to support “Syla y Chest” party, 2.2% - “Civic Position”, 2.1% - Radical Party, 2.1% - “Svoboda”, 1.9% - “Ukrainian Strategy” party, 1.8% - Opposition Bloc, 1.2% - Samopomich. The rating of other political forces is less than 1%.
• More than half of the polled believe that “Sluha Narodu” party will overcome the 5% electoral barrier and enter the future parliament. About 40% state the same about the party Batkyvshchyna, one-third - about “Opposition platform – Za Zhyttya”, a quarter – “European Solidarity", every fifth – “Holos”. Among the sympathizers of the political forces with a relatively high rating, over 70% believe that their favorites will enter the Verkhovna Rada.
• Half of the polled are satisfied with the activities of the President of Ukraine V.Zelensky, 14% share the opposite opinion, and 38% have not yet been able to assess his performance. The activities of the Head of the Government V.Hroysman is approved by 22%, and disapproved by 65%. Almost 90% of the polled are dissatisfied with the performance of the Verkhovna Rada, only 5% are satisfied with it.
• Half of the polled expect President V.Zelensky will resolve the issue of ceasefire in the Donbas. 38% have hopes for tariff reduction, 22% expect a decrease in the influence of oligarchs on politics, 20% are waiting for an increase of social standards, 19% - punishment of high-ranking officials responsible for corruption, 17% - abolition of the deputies immunity, 16% - improvement of the healthcare quality, 13% - intensification of cooperation with the NATO and the EU, 12% - establishment of cooperation with Russia, 12% - strengthening of the Ukrainian army, 10% - reunification of the country.
• Expectations for the end of the war in the Donbas are relevant for the majority of the respondents in all macro-regions. On the other hand, somewhat higher level of expectations regarding tariff decrease, reduction of the oligarchs influence on politics, and establishment of relations with Russia is recorded among the residents of the South and East. With regards to the punishment of top officials responsible for corruption, somewhat higher expectations were recorded in the West and South, while in terms of the abolition of deputies - in the Center, improvement of the healthcare quality - in the South, intensification of cooperation with the NATO and the EU and strengthening of the Ukrainian army - in the West.
Audience: residents of Ukraine aged 18 and older. The sample is representative in terms of age, gender, region, and settlement type. Total sample: 2000 respondents. Personal formalized interview (face-to-face). The margin of error does not exceed 2.2%. Period of the survey: 8-12 June, 2019.